It has been a busy weekend of non-league action and we’ll be taking you through it game by game…

FA Trophy Third Round Qualifying

FC Colne 2-3 Southport

David Morgan struck in stoppage time to complete a miraculous turnaround for the Sandgrounders, sending them through to the next round of the cup. Two goals late into the first half gave FC Colne a healthy cushion, however, goals from Devarn Green and Brad Bauress levelled proceedings.

The tie looked set for extra time until Port captain, David Morgan, struck a last minute winner, much to the joy of the travelling supporters.

NPL North West Division

Ossett United 3-2 Prescot Cables

Two goals in three minutes from George Hassall wasn’t enough to salvage a point for the Bulls after a poor first-half showing proved decisive. Three goals in the first 45 minutes set the hosts on their way, and despite the late fightback Joe Gibiliru’s men came up short against a side sitting just outside the relegation zone.

Prescot Cables now sit 8th in the league table.

Northern Premier League

City of Liverpool 2-2 Widnes

You can read the full match report of this game here.

Macron Cup 3rd Round

St. Helens Town 1-2 West Didsbury & Charlton 

Lee Grimshaw’s 69th-minute strike for the visitors was enough to send St. Helens Town out of the cup. The home side fell behind shortly after the start of the second period, however, James Barron fondled home from a corner to get Town back on terms. But the joy proved to be short-lived when Grimshaw fired home with a rebound, resulting in the end of St. Helens Town’s cup run.

Wirral Senior Cup Quarter-Final

Cammell Laird 1907 2-0 Ellesmere Port Town 

Goals from Nathan Haynes and skipper Colm Lynch resulted in a comfortable victory for Laird against a side in the division below. The goals came either side of the break and sent the hosts into the final four of the competition.

North West Counties League Premier Division

Barnoldswick Town 1-2 Runcorn Town

Despite going a goal down, Runcorn turned the game on its head to give themselves all three points away to Barnoldswick.

Strikes from Dave Forbes and Simon Thelwell cancelled out Ric Seear’s penalty in the first half.

The win moves Runcorn Town up into the top half of the league table.

North West Counties League First Division

Cleator Moor Celtic 1-3 AFC Liverpool

Kyle Schorah gave the away side the lead before a deflected effort got the hosts back on terms before the interval. AFC Liverpool pushed on in the second half with goals from Jay McGrane and Luke Stephens securing the three points.

AFC Liverpool now sit in second place, four points behind league leaders Lower Breck who were not in action in the league.

You can see the standings of all the counties leagues here.

Photo by Oliver Green – Merseysportlive