Marine scored five second half goals to comfortably brush aside Liversedge at the Marine Travel Arena.

James Barrigan converted two spot kicks with Sol Solomon, Jonny Spittle and Connor Evans accompanying him on the scoresheet as the Mariners won 5-0 to move to fourth in the Northern Premier League.

The suspended Charley Doyle was the only absentee from the squad that won 2-0 at Morpeth Town last Saturday. Jordan Lussey replaced him in the centre of the pitch.

The hosts controlled the game in the opening 20 minutes. Jack Dunn had an opportunity to drive at goal, firing just wide of the top corner from the edge of the Liversedge box.

As the half went on, Sedge created a couple of nervy moments for the Marine back four. Jack Carr collected the ball at the back post and drilled a shot to Bayleigh Passant’s right which the Lilywhites’ goalkeeper was equal to.

Passant was called into action again when he flung himself at the feet of Zak Dearnley to keep the match goalless.

The home side’s best chance of the first half came when Solomon found himself one-on-one with Jordan Porter, though the pressure of the two orange shirts behind meant he trickled his attempt wide.

Three minutes after the break, the referee pointed to the spot after Dunn was brought to the ground. Barrigan stepped up and coolly sent the keeper the wrong way, netting his first since his return to Crosby.

It wasn’t long before Marine doubled their advantage. An in-swinging corner was met by the rising Solomon who placed his free header into the back of the net.

Spittle added a third on 70 minutes. Solomon was the creator this time, whipping a corner in from the other side that was nodded in by the centre-half at the back post.

Sedge’s day went from bad to worse when they conceded another penalty soon after. Barrigan repeated his routine from earlier and slotted the ball into the top left corner giving Porter no chance.

The Mariners still had time to add a fifth. Josh Solomon-Davies continued to terrorise Jonathan Rimmington’s left side. It was his low cross that found substitute Evans who couldn’t miss from five yards.

Marine return to Isuzu FA Trophy action next Saturday, when they will host Scarborough Athletic for a 3pm kick off.