National League North

Southport 1-2 King’s Lynn Town

Southport squandered an early lead to lose at home to Kings Lynn Town, who moved top of the National League North.

Devarn Green put Liam Watson’s side ahead after just three minutes, but Adam Marriott equalised for the visitors before the half-hour mark.

Christopher Henderson put the away side ahead mid-way through the second half, with what proved to be the winning goal.

Read the full match report here.

Northern Premier League North West

Workington 0-0 Marine

Marine held Workington to a 0-0 draw, in a top-of-the-table clash in the Northern Premier League North West.

Both sides had chances to break the stalemate in an end-to-end game, but neither could find the net.

Marine stay third in the table, four points behind league-leaders Workington who remain unbeaten at home.

Pickering Town 1-1 Widnes

Widnes’ run without a league win was extended to six games, as a second half Pickering Town equaliser cancelled out Rhain Hellawell’s early goal.

The result leaves Widnes five points clear of Pickering at the base of the division, with the North Yorkshire side currently occupying the single relegation spot.

Pontefract Collieries P-P Prescot Cables

Dunston P-P City of Liverpool

Prescot Cables and City of Liverpool saw their games postponed, after heavy rain in West Yorkshire and Gateshead respectively lead to waterlogged pitches.

See the Northern Premier League North West league table here

North West Counties League

St. Helens Town 3-2 AFC Darwen

Conor Barton’s goal three minutes into the second half saw St. Helens Town overcome Darwen in the North West Counties League Division One North.

Four evenly shared first half goals saw the scores level at the break – Barton opened the scoring for St. Helens before Luke Steele equalised for Darwen.

Town regained the lead through Neil Weaver, before Nyle Ellis levelled the scores for a second time.

But Barton’s second of the game was enough to secure victory for St. Helens, as they move six points clear of the relegation zone.

Barnton 2-3 Cammell Laird 1907

Cammell Laird came back from two goals down to beat bottom-half side Barnton in the North West Counties League Division One South.

First half goals from Barton’s Samual Houghton and Connor Anderson left the Cammell’s with plenty of work to do after the interval, but the Birkenhead-based club scored three second-half goals through Luke Blondel and a Callum Hulmston brace.

The Merseyside club now sit seventh in the league, seven points off the promotion spots.

AFC Liverpool 2-0 Abbey Hulton United

Two first half goals saw AFC Liverpool ease through the second round of The Macron Cup.

Daniel Cockerline and Kyle Schorah both found the net for the hosts before the half hour mark, and AFC held out to progress into the third round of the cup.

Both sides are currently placed fourth in their respective North West Counties League divisions – AFC Liverpool play in the North league, while Abbet Hulton are part of the South division.

AFC Liverpool will play the winner of the Prestwich Heys and AFC Darwen game, in the third round of the competition on the 7th December.

See the North West Counties League Tables here