By Paddy Allen
Everton Under 18s extended their unbeaten start to the season, coming from 2-0 down to win 3-2 against a 10-man Burnley side in a thrilling encounter.

Burnley started well and had the first half-chance of the game just minutes in.

Everton failed to clear a corner and Zan Luk-Leban was forced into an acrobatic save to tip the second ball over the bar.

The Clarets had Paul Tait’s side pinned back for most of the opening 15 minutes, having a succession of set-pieces. Everton’s defence dealt with the threats well, though.

Luke Butterfield had the Blues’ first shot of the game after 19 minutes. However, his shot was well wide of Sam Waller’s far post.

Burnley made the most of their decent start, opening the scoring just before the half-hour mark.

Luk-Leban pulled off a fantastic save at the front post but couldn’t stop Sam Unwin burying the rebound.

Tony Phillskirk’s side could have doubled their lead moments later, but Everton’s Polish stopper denied John McGlynn his front post.

Sam Waller was forced into his first save of the game by Luke Butterfield.

He made a save down to his right and Everton failed to make the most of the resulting scramble.

Thierry Small got well forward from left-back and had a chance to equalise minutes before halftime but Sam Waller matched the attempt again.

Burnley doubled their advantage a minute into the second half through John McGlynn, making amends for his earlier miss.

He beat multiple Everton defenders before dispatching it into the top corner.

The referee reduced Burnley to ten men 20 minutes into the second half.

Matty Carson went in studs-up on Whittaker. The referee wasted no time in brandishing the red card.

Tom Cannon halved the deficit on 70 minutes through a penalty. The Blues woke up after the red card with Cannon hitting the post moments before the penalty.

Kouyate could have levelled the score as the game entered the last 10 minutes but his effort was parried by Waller.

Everton U18’s equalised with under five minutes to go.

Again, Waller denied the Blues but Thierry Small was there to finish the rebound.

The swashbuckling left-back won the game for Everton in added time.

Small ran on to it on the edge of the box and unleashed a drive past Waller.

Unbeaten in four, the young Blues host Leeds after the international break.